Experience & Product Designer
What do I do?
manage intranet & websites
Since 2000, Rodney Echols has developed as a digital advisor in areas of design, project leadership.
May. 2017 - Current
- UX & employee advisor on 2021 Award winning NNg Intranet Design.
- Manage day to day implementation of content strategy and governance for 3 of 5 global digital communication channels [intranet, corporate email, and digital signage]
- Build internal digital tools and products to serve a network of 60 global content creators across all different functions, organizations and timezones in the company
Feb. 2016 - Apr. 2017
- Team project lead on all projects across all phases:
select team members, execution lead for multiple concurrent projects and accounts
- Supervisor of digital team: both direct reports and shared team members, owned vendor relationships, responsibile for project direction.
- Produced full device agnostic websites and enterprise tools with budgets ranging from $40K to $150K
Mar.. 2012 - Feb. 2016
- Produce digital improvements for
corporate websites, search optimization presence, PPC, analytics and YouTube channel.
- Established web analytics and reporting program at corporate HQ [2014 – 2019].
- Project advisor on digital platform selection and content strategy for digital transformation [2013 - 2015]
Jun. 2011 - Feb. 2012
- Managed 9 different interactive accounts and search marketing initiatives for global and national
- Clients included: Scooter Store, ConocoPhillips, Constellation Energy and Silver Leaf Resorts.
- Projects included: advanced internet marketing, email and affiliate marketing, lead conversion reporting and retargeting.
Professional Graphic Design program Diploma & Bachelors of Art in Communications
10 years worked my way up from Production artist to Design lead
Certified Skill Development
Certifications in UX Principles, Design & Content Strategy, Agile & Lean Project Management. NNg, HUBspot and PMI (in the works)
- University of Houston
Bachelors of Arts 
Major Communication – Advertising & P.R.; Minor in Visual Communications
- Bradford School of Business
Graphic Design Diploma 
- Certified UX Professional – Nielsen Norman Group
- Certified Advanced Google Analytics
- Certified Growth Driven Design – HUB spot
- Certified Social Media Content Strategy – HUB spot
- Currently enrolled Product Design by Google
- Disciplined Agile Scrum Master – in the works!
Skills & Tools
- requirements gathering
- ServiceNow Help desk tool
- research (qualitative and quantitative methods)
- customer development framework
- empathy mapping
- project management
- proposal writing
- product roadmap
- iterative creative process
- Microsoft Powerpoint,
- Affinity Designer,
- Mastery of Adobe tools: Illustrator and Photoshop,
Other Hands-on Experience
Apr. 2010 - Jun. 2011
Nov. 2009 - Feb. 2010